Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in the Wimmera, Victoria.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jozlyn, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hi, I thought I should introduce myself, I've already posted a couple of questions and met some really nice helpful people, thanks :D

I'm 47 and got my L's 10 days ago after doing the 2 day L's course with "Stay Upright" Horsham, whom I can not recommend highly enough. I had some riding experience before doing the course, dirt bikes over a decade ago :) I'm married (25 years next month!) and have 3 almost all grown up (23, 20 & 15) kids. My hubby's been riding for 40 years and has often suggested that I should get my licence but until now, the time had never been quite right. I'm so pleased that I've finally taken the plunge and wish I had of done it 10 years ago.

We bought me a VTR250 about 2 years ago and it's been sitting in the shed gathering dust until last week when we finally got it roadworthied and registered, the last 5 days have seen me put in quite a lot of hours and k's and I can already see vast improvements to my confidence and riding ability and the size of the Honda no longer intimidates me (I'm a bit vertically challenged at only 5'1").

I'm looking forward to plenty of trips with my husband and hopefully some of the group rides I've seen posted, just need to get the stamina beefed up a bit. So far (yesterday & Saturday) we've done 2, 3 hour, roughly 200km rides and I've come through them ok, although I'm a bit tired today and my neck is a bit achey.

Anyways "HELLO" everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum.. Hope to see you on a ride in the not too distant future!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the forum!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. welcome aboard :]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hey again neighbour and welcome to NR :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hello and welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome and enjoy your ride!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hey jo
    • Like Like x 1