Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MREVOX, May 26, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is James and I've recently picked up my Ls.

Previously had an Evo 8 and currently drive an XR5 Turbo... but I thought I'd try my hand at bikes.

It was a rough start - I'd never ridden a motorbike before, and it has been 10 years since I'd been on a bicycle - I failed the course twice (stepped off both times :() but finally got through... third time's a charm :)

Picked up a new CBF250 and have been riding for a little under a month. Started just around local quiet streets at first, but have tried my hand at more major local roads and some freeway riding as well.

I get advice from a more experienced rider than I at work, but forums are a great resource as well... so I thought I'd join :)
  2. Welcome to NR James - it's a great resource with plenty of very experiencd people to help.

3. Hey James, nice to intro yourself. Hope to catch you around.
  4. welcome to NR mate ...
  5. Welcome to NR James :)

Doesnt matter how long it takes, you are up and riding and thats what counts ;)

Definitely get out to Homebush, they guys are great when they stop talking :grin: :LOL: I kid, it is worth it for the practice.
  6. Hey James,

second goz' .. sounds like you're ready to come down for some practice at Homebush ... and meet some people.

7. Thanks for the warm welcome all. I'll be sure to come to some practice sessions soon.

I was going to post a poorly taken photo of my bike... but I need to build up my post count. lol
  8. Welcome James. In a few months you'll look back at your first rides a giggle insanely!!
  9. Yay, I can post a pic now.

10. Nothing like the smell of a brand new bike!!!!!!!!!