Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by 3800Chris, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hello!

I've been riding for a few years in the USA. I started on a GSXR600, then moved up to a Ducati 999 Superbike which I've been riding for 2 years. I bought a DRZ400 this year as well which I have been loving.

I just moved to Melbourne temporarily for the next 6 months or so. I bought a CBR 600RR last weekend and it should be done with roadworthy inspection this weekend. I'm hoping to take her out for some cruises and meet other riders as well.

I've seen there are some beginner rides on Saturdays which I thought would be a great place to start. I go on regular "spirited" group rides back in the US, but I think it's a good idea to start slow and get used to the other side of the road here first.

Are there group rides that head out from around Melbourne?
  2. Hi and welcome Chris.
    Yep, if you're keen to ride some of our best roads for a few days with other Netriders check out THIS RIDE.
  3. Oh hell yes! Search the threads and enjoy!!
  4. Welcome to Melbourne and to NR
  5. welcome to Netrider Chris!
  6. I've looked through the Saturday/Sunday ride links and if my bike is ready in time I will definitely join this weekend.
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Welcome to Melbourne and NR! I'll be one of the beginners on those rides, see you round.
  9. Welcome Chris, and enjoy your stay. :)
  10. Finally picked up the bike!
    Hopefully this link remains working. I struggled to get photobucket to cooperate.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Looks sweet, mate! And you got the matching helmet too. :)
    • Informative Informative x 1