Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PilgriM, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Hi,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I am new to riding & just got my learners 2 weeks ago & going to pick up my first bike tomorrow (slightly used gs500f, 500ks on the clock).

I found these forums to be a great help leading up to the learners course & also while I was deciding what bike to start out on.

Been reading thru the Newbie forums too, luving the cornering tutorials posted by robsalvv, the info in there looks very usefull, hopefully I can get up the confidence soon to be able to try some fun cornering, not just around the block & main roads.

So you may see me pottering around in the Ringwood area on my 2009 gs500f with L plates trying not to screw up...

2. sweeet, another rider far out east like I am. Welcome !
  3. why welcome, pilgrim :LOL:
  4. Hi PilgriM and welcome to NR
  5. G'day mate and welcome aboard. I frequently ride through Ringwood as I return for Templestowe after a 'Northern' ride.
    Great stuff on your L's and see you 'out there' sometime.
  6. Heya welcome mate
  7. Hey Pilgrim - welcome!
    Congrats on getting your L's & on the new bike.
    Also worth checking out the mentoring thread.
  8. Well, hey there y'pilgrim
  9. Thanks for the welcome..

I will be up for one of those group rides in a few weeks I reckon, need to find a car park around Ringwood where I can practice my starts & stops a bit more, I feel ok once moving, just a little unsteady when stopping & spending a lot of time concentrating on balancing the clutch when taking off, want it to be a bit less of a stress..
  10. Yeah thats one of the harder things to grasp at the start, just keep practising and eventually it will become a muscle reflex that you don't even have to think about.

Welcome and see you out there :)
  11. Eastland Car-park ... for all your practicing needs. (*after hours recommended)