Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider in Melbourne SE

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by samo, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

So I got my L's around mid last year and it took me months to work everything out and get a bike.

It's a 2005 GPX250 with a black green and silver paintjob. Around 7500 km. Had a bit of light damage to the fairings and muffler on the right side from a low speed crash while under braking (and I've added a bit on the other side when I got on it for the second time in the car park and went over a rock at slow speed, after avoiding the rock a few times and thinking I should really kick it off to the side...).

After my little tumble I picked it back up and rode around the carpark a bit more before going out on the side streets. In the end I rode for a good 3 hours, the time just flew by. And every time I get off I've got questions that I get on here to find answers for.

So yeah just saying hi, hopefully I'll be joining some of the group rides after a while once I feel that I've got the basics down and have my P's.

Sam

2. It doesn't take long to get the hang of things, the main thing I found while learning was to relax, make yourself aware of your surroundings - and never forget what the traffic around you is doing.

You have come to a good place ot learn, as a new rider the advice I have pulled from the boards so far has been invaluable.

Good luck mate! :)

3. Welcome, come on in and take a seat.

4. Welcome Aboard Sam !!
    :biker:
    Keep riding often and you'll soon have the basics down-pat.
    It doesn't stop there however ... one nevers stops learning.
    And remember .. keep asking questions here, no matter how silly you think they may be. ( well not too daft a question :p )
    There more you learn, the better the rider you'll be.

5. hi and welcome to NR

im on my L's as well still havent gotten my bike on road yet just saving the $$ for the rego and road worthy now

this place is good for alot of things and i enjoy meeting people and hearing their sides of road stories u can really learn from others

u will have to get to a meet and say hi one day :grin:

6. Welcome aboard. The basic skills will come. They just take a little practice. Just take things slow and easy while you are acquiring them.

7. Welcome to a place where riders learn, share and restore.

Looking forward to hearing from you further as time passes.

Don't let life confuse you!
    aV1l88SA.