Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SammyN, May 14, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Just joined the forum today after getting both my L's and new bike no more than a month and a half ago. Already been to the Saturday learner's practice session and intend on possibly attending this week's Tuesday ride.

I live on the south-east, so if any new riders want to catch up for a ride anytime, I'm down. :)

In short, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Cheers guys (and girls). Sam.
  2. Welcome to NetRider!! Sounds like you know your way around here pretty well though, and are making the most of it. Enjoy!
  3. Welcome Sam, spotted the green nija sat morn, prob said hello to at one point. make use of the sessions.
  4. Hi Sam, welcome aboard.
  5. Hi Sam, sounds like we got our Ls and bikes about the same time. :) You've done better than me - I haven't managed to make it to a Saturday morning session yet, but it is definitely on my todo list. :)

6. You should definitely come down to this weeks one (if the weather allows it). The amount of friendly people that were there, all with an abundance of information that they are happy to share, makes it a great morning/afternoon.

How's the 650 treating you, or more importantly, how are you treating it?

Cheers mate. Ride safe.
  7. Welcome to the forums Mr. SammyN. Please enjoy your stay. :p
  8. The 650 is a beautiful bike, I couldn't be happier. :) It is comfortable, and very kind to a total newb like myself. handles well, really pretty easy to ride even at low speeds, but it'll get up and go as much as I need it to.

I'm trying to do right by her anyways. :D

Once I can organise to have a dad-taxi-duty free Saturday I'll be there fer sure. :)
  9. Welcome to NR :)
  10. Hey Sam,

Tim here, went for the ride on Saturday after practice. May see you again this Saturday weather permitting.
  11. Hi Sam and welcome to NR