Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider in Kilmore, Victoria

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Batchy_94, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Hi all, I just got my learner permit today, and am finally on the road I'm down in Kiomore so if anyone is around and keen for a ride don't be shy and send me a message bought my first bike being a 2011 Honda CBR 250R and enjoying it a lot!

Thanks all :)
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome . I hope you have some warm gear , Kilmore, what a bloody cold joint :mask:
  3. Welcome to NR and congratulations on your first bike.
  4. Oath. Recorded it's lowest maximum since records began yesterday (4.6).
    Welcome Batchy!
  5. Welcome mate
  6. Welcome mate :cool:
  7. I rode the first time legally on the road to work this morning to puckapunyal and I tell you what I got the shock of my life how cold it was, I couldn't feel my legs, hands or feet when I got off !!!

Thanks for the warm messages guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks mate!!
  9. Welcome to the forum, you will get used to wearing more layers when riding in cold weather. Not a lot of fun this time of year but Spring is not far away.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and the bike :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction to two wheels.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome Batchy_94Batchy_94 and yes winter oh what a joy !, if you haven't already read it, this thread has some helpful tips for winter Winter riding tips
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome. Shepp based rider here. Did about 800 km over the last weekend in some bloody cold conditions.

Im looking at planning a ride around Eildon when it warms a bit, and I dont want it to be too taxing, so if you might be keen keep an eye out
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Aloha Batchy_94Batchy_94 , welcome to the nut house. Lots to learn on here as well as on the road.
    Congrats on your new bike :)
    Check out the Events page for stuff happening for noobs in your area and people to ride with. Stay upright!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks ! I'm enjoying my experiences already :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Love it already !

17. #17 chilliman64, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    gday Batchy_94Batchy_94 and welcome to NR - congrats on passing your L's, looking forward to hearing about your learnings!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks mate ! Will keep You informed :)
  19. Welcome Batchy_94Batchy_94
    Enjoy. Learn. Practise.

It's amazing sometimes the difference wind chill can make to an already cold morning/day.
    Layer up and don't skimp too much on gear. The further you ride the more cold will seep in.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hi fella. congrats on the L's. Thought u were brave starting off in winter. Good time 2 buy a bike. Bad time to sell. Take it easy & stsy safe. The only thing u have 2 prove is that your a survivor.
    • Like Like x 1