Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by specter07, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Newbie rider from Brisbane here.
    Had been keen on bikes for a bit, so finally decided to get my bike license a little while back.

Currently riding around in a Yamaha R3.
    (pics of which I will share once my account is established)

Hoping to meet fellow riders at events etc.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  2. G'day and welcome, specter07specter07. There's plenty of Brisbane riders here, no doubt you'll meet a few around the forum.

3. Welcome Specter07, Hope you catch up with some of the other Queenslanders.

4. Welcome to NR..

A fan of Bond..James Bond, I presume

5. aboard, welcome aboard :]

6. Thanks :)

Haha na been using this alias as far back as I can remember...

Bike is going strong, still breaking it in, almost at 800km in two weeks!!

7. Well..spoke too soon. Bike got reversed into while parked on the side of the street. Driver did a runner and there were no witnesses, luckily no fairing damage but the extremeties on the left side are scraped everywhereeeeeeeeee, some cracked plastic around the pillion seat and a bent kick stand :(

Had been keen on getting a dash cam for weeks now, I guess tomorrow really does come when it's too late..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Bad news, a cam wouldn't have helped you in this case though, it wouldn't have been running if the bike was parked.

9. I've wanted to get one that records on motion even when parked, like a mobius. It may have also caught the license plate of the car next to me, although I'm not sure if that would amount to conclusive proof.
    In any case, insurance will cover it but excess is a bi*ch!

Maybe time to get some oggy knobs too...

• Informative Informative x 1