Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider in Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cellipatch58, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hey everyone,

I've had my learners for a whopping 9 months but finally got round to purchasing my first bike. I've got a 96 Hornet 250, currently getting all prettied up to be ridden. Currently getting oil and filter changed, valve clearances done, carbies cleaned and balanced, brand new EBC brake bads, and a brand new throttle cable. Can't wait to get her on the road and learn all about how every car in Adelaide is out to kill me!

2. Welcome, yes you'll have plenty of fun with the cagers, idiot fun too not just dangerous fun.
  3. Welcome aboard and you may be pleasantly surprised riding in Adelaide. We are lucky not to have the sheer numbers of cars that riders in Vic and NSW have to deal with.
    In the three years I have been back to riding I have not had one incident with a car. Thats not to say you shouldn't assume they are all crap drivers and will sometimes not see you………………...
  4. Welcome and Thank you to all who have been welcoming me,you guys make Adelaide sound so attractive to ride around in,traffic here in peak hour is terrible.Cheers
  5. When I moved to Adelaide from Tassie riding in the traffic scared the hell out of me, but after riding in Melbourne its easy.
  6. I was borrowing my cousins Hyosung for a month, and in that month I can't count on less than two hands the number of times cars decided to 'ignore' me. That just makes it all the more fun!