Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider, Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Simon_A, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Hello everyone, been lurking for a while so thought I'd better say hello.

I am a new rider, been driving for a lot of years (have had my car licence for around 25 years) , but have found that 2 wheels is a lot more enjoyable.

I am on my learners, havent gone for my R-date yet, will do it in a couple of months. No great rush.

I rider the mighty postie seen in my avatar. Will do me for a while till I actually know what I am doing :)

Ride safe everyone..
  2. Welcome :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome. Nothing wrong with the postie bike!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to NR and life on 2 wheels , Simon .
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum(y)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hi and welcome Simon, a lot of fun to be had on the CT, I remember executing a perfect landing when going over a 15' tabletop in my paddock, many times! The good old days when fear wasn't an issue:joyful:

Look out for a group of Netriders headed your way in december, we're coming to check out some of your best blacktop:sneaky:

Ride safe.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks everyone.

Ned sounds cool, you all just need to keep your throttles locked under 75 kph for me to keep up tho ;)
  8. Don't worry , that won't be a problem , these Vic boys all 'wipe off 5 to stay alive' isn't that right @Ned ?
  9. Yeah, we can wipe off 5, but from what speed? 180?? What part of Adelaide are you from Simon?
  10. Smithfield. Its between Elizabeth and Gawler. About 30Km north of the city.