Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new rider here

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by r1hoon, Aug 26, 2007.

1. hi

i just got my first bike :grin:

its a yamaha R1.

just after some advice on how to get faster.

i need to get rid of my chicken strips on the tyres, and i need to scrape my knee sliders.

then i will have street cred.

you have to look cool.

*waits for flamege*
  2. Another Canberra rider!

We are the god damn Borg, Canberra will assimilate all of you.
  3. Welcome to NR!
    Now the best way to get better at riding, FAST, is this....
    First you go out when it's raining and come up to a set of lights where coppers are waiting. As the lights go green you give them the bird and burn off while doing a mono. Now this is where the real learning curve starts. You have to out run the coppers while still doing a mono, legs over handle bars helps aswell. you can also throw in a few twisties to go through while still monoing and running from the cops, the more cop cars chasing you the more street cred you'll get. Staying on your back wheel through twisties will get rid of those chicken strips quick smart.

Do that then maybe you will be able to pass your P's test, as long as you bribe the testing officer

And just remember, the less gear you wear, the more fun it is.
  4. I'd like to welcome you here r1hoon, Its a GREAT place to seek advice, help and opinions ...but going by your attitude I fear that You wont be here long enough for anyone to really get to know you.
    Good Luck :eek:
    BTW .. Dead is not cool ... those movies you watch only want you to think its cool :cool:
  5. He's a troll.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Settle down VCM Im gathering by the end remark he's taking the piss :roll:
  7. Dude if you want to go fast, go round a corner with it pinned in thurd!

8. +1 TO SWISS AND VCM!!
    wont last long on the road either
  9. I wonder if anyone has the licence plate "hoon" :LOL:

Maybe they could donate it here!
  10. lol, sexy bike i was considering buying a r1 when i upgrade, video yourself doing a 12o clock wheelie on the freeway
  11. You want to go fast :cool:

Buy a Air filter and stick it wherever its supposed to go.

Buy a Yoshimura etc Race Pipe around $1000.

Buy a power commander - http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_information.aspx

Tighten up your springs/suspension, you will feel every bump in the road but your handling will increase slightly.

Buy some carbon fibre fairings to shave off maybe 5kg give or take.

If you want to go overboard there are Turbo chargers you can add to the R1, have a look at youtube.com for some of the videos of Turbo charged R1's

Glad I could help.
  12. Want to feel like you're going really fast?

Get your bike resprayed, whilst you're on it.
  13. lol troll.

and phizog winzzz!!

:rofl: :rofl:
  14. seriously, he can't be defined as a troll.
    he is real, and not an ex-NR in disguise.

just an interesting one ;)