Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider here (Trumper), Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Trumper, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Hi,
    Im a brand new rider had my license a month and still getting used to riding. I consider my skill level to be improving but still a beginner. Didnt know how to ride at all 2 months ago.

Why did i start riding?
    Well a couple years ago I had a chronic lung infection that almost killed me. While laying on my hospital bed i thought of all the things i would do if I had my time again. At the top of the list was riding. Anyway got better though some luck and very strong medication.

Rather then let this ride (pun intended) i got off my ass and have started riding. I find it both incredibly fun while on the edge of terror at times lol. I am loving it but soo wish i had more skills. But i am working on that.

I fell in love with the Triumph Street Triple 660 as soon as I saw it. So i ponyed up and bought one from Olivers Motorcycles in Brisbane. Dont regret it at all though its a massive power upgrade from the 250 Suzuki i did my training and course on. The throttle on this beast is soooo twitchy and it has soo much torque that i am constantly watching everything. It is for me and my new skills like getting on a stallion after riding my 250 trainer bike.

Anyway Thats me, if you have any questions on the bike or your thinking of one PM me or post below while i'm no expert i will help where i can.

aka Graham
  2. Welcome Graham, that's a pretty nice looking bike
  3. welcome aboard :]
  4. Welcome aboard ! I'm located in Brisbane and looking for other riders to go for a ride any Sunday Morning. I ride a Lams MT-07 and was really considering the Street triple, it looks good and sound good too. Nice choice, Be safe Graham.