Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by st0ked, Apr 3, 2016.

1. G'day fellow riders.

I'm new to both Netrider and Motorcycling.
    From Sydney northern beaches area.

Finally decided to give the two wheels a go after 37 years, and loving it...never too late!
    Have 5 months left until unrestricted.

Hope to meet up with some of you on the open roads. Ride safe
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to NR...

And the wonderful world of motorbikes.. :D
  3. Welcome :cool:
  4. welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction to two wheels!
  5. G'day and welcome, st0kedst0ked. Congratulations getting your license and motorcycle!

I was also 37 when I got my license (just a couple of years ago) and also looked at the Honda CB500 series, they're great motorcycles. Have you ridden along the local, northern Sydney 'must-do' routes such as the Old Pacific Highway, Wiseman's Ferry and Putty Roads? There are often organised rides along these roads (and many others around the Sydney basin) with other Netriders, as well as the Saturday Sydney Learner Sessions at Homebush.
  6. Welcome! I am down to try sydneys northern route, I am still on Ls.
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  8. Don't forget McCarrs Creek Rd, that ones a corker
  9. Thanks all for the welcome!

XJ6NXJ6N did the Old Pac and Wisemans loop over Easter break. Went early morning and had the road mostly to myself!

Keen to ride Putty rd sometime soon.
  10. Yes, I'm yet to ride the (in)famous Putty Road too. Keep an eye on the NSW Ride and Event Announcements and also the Ride/Event Planner for NSW rides that will undoubtedly have a Putty Road ride at some point - particularly rides for L/P-plate riders that will include some guidance about some of the trickier sections of the route, such as the appropriately-named Lemmings Corner.
  11. Check out the April 17th planned Ride 'Netrider raising of the flag' at Greg Gum cafe (half way up Putty Rd). L and P friendly ride and we officially raise the Netrider flag as well.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. welcome aboard :)
  13. Welcome :)
  14. Thanks GeorgeO
    I'll ask the boss for a leave pass!
  15. Hey mate welcome to NR, enjoy.