Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RemoteMan213, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

Just received my new R3 yesterday and have rode around my suburb for a while. Was good fun and I'm starting to get used to shifting and braking (and turning off the indicator manually :v).

Got a complaint from one of my neighbours because of the noise haha 3:). Said she was going to call the police, I don't even have a custom exhaust. Is it illegal to rev the engine?

Haven't been on any major roads yet, but hoping to get some more practice in over the next week. The learner sessions are only 5 mins from my place so planning to come in next Saturday. I'm still nowhere near my MOST though...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Howdy and welcome to NR RemoteMan213RemoteMan213. Congrats on getting an R3, very nice ride (y) Put up few pics when you can. Living 5 min away from Homebush is very well played! Guys there perform true miracles, so you'll be up and running in no time at all. Enjoy!
  3. Welcome :)
  4. Welcome :D

Get yourself to the Homebush learner days, they're great.

Sounds like you've got a cranky neighbour. Stock exhaust will be within legal db limits, just be cool around her, easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.
  5. Welcome to NR RemoteMan213RemoteMan213 , might see you at the learner sessions...