Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from syd

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Kai, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Hey guys and girls, been reading through the forums on a almost daily basis since the start of the year and have taken the knowledge under my belt, many great posts from raven etc have gone a long way.

i ride a gt650r, which i believe is one of the better bikes i can get whilst being on a restricted licence, i would love to get a r1 3 years from now

I started riding when i went on a hunting trip with my uncles on a old honda 500cc dirt bike (did over 800km and spend from 6 am to 5pm each day for a week), it all sorta just clicked as ive been driving manual cars for awhile etc. doing 100km/ph (interesting if anyof you have ridden through sand etc) in outback australia conditions (this place was over 2hrs past tilpa in NSW, as it was private property we ended up just riding in shorts / shirt and just the trusty sunnies to keep the dirt out of the eyes - and gun on the front rack obviously) certainly improved my riding - being previously against riding on the road (due to the sheer amount of idiots out there) quickly changed my mind // the fun and experience i got during this time was too great to give away.

As such i feel lucky enough i havnt had any of the problems or worries that most new riders have, i.e riding at speed etc. i've even had mates who have been riding comment on how well i ride and how comfortable i am on the roads, which is awesome to hear from them.

I normally ride to work in penrith and back up the hwy through the blue mountains, a few times ive been passed by riders and they have given the wave, good sence of comradery - hopefully they are on here so we could catchup.

will be keeping an eye out for any group rides would be nice to riding in a larger group.

Thanks for your time

2. Welcome, Matt. Sounds like you have all the qualities necessary to become a good NR member. Will give you a wave if I see you on the BLoR someday.
  3. Thanks RC36.

i have the shoei xr1000 rogue helmet and a red/black two tone gt650r.
  4. Welcome to NR Matt !
  5. Welcome to NR Matt :)

Ditto what Goz said lol Get yourself out to one of the meet ups :)
  6. Greetings Matt

Sounds like we should get some great stories from you, as you settle in here. That won't take too long, you little window peeker, you. :LOL:

7. Welcome to NR Matt.
    Yep you are right we do have a BM coffee meet and I am in the process of organising a ride from Penrith to Katoomba soon.
    thanks for the link Goz
  8. Awesome thanks for the info and replies. Will try to catchup with most of you inperson, and sure we can sort out some stories TG lol.

Definately would be up for the penno to katoomba ride, about most coffee meets etc i normaly have training on during the week and saturday mornings will just have to see how things plan out.

Take it easy.
  9. Welcome to NR. Sounds like youve already had a lot of 2 wheeled fun :)