Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from south side of Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by whatisk, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I've already had a couple of posts in the CB400 thread, but thought I should say hi here also.

Had never ridden a bike until I did QRide almost a month ago now.
    Test rode a few bikes and then ended up getting a deal I couldn't refuse on a new CB400. Have been riding it mainly on weekends getting used to the bike and riding and it's getting close to it's first service.

Looking at getting Oggy Knobbs for it (hoping they'll never be needed though) and also an auto chain oiler. Currently tossing up between a Scotoiler or the Turtoro auto. Oh, and probably a windscreen as well to help with some of the wind buffeting when going down the freeway :)

2. I agree with all of that. I've just sold a naked bike I had for 7 years and the best money I ever spent on it was on a windscreen; I did a lot of +1,000km days and my shoulders were never sore.

Welcome to Netrider too :).
  3. Thanks for the welcome hornet. Currently the plan is to keep the CB400 for at least 2 years. I'll still probably go for my unrestricted licence in 12 months though.
  4. Welcome, nice bike. Look forward to seeing you on one of our rides soon, if you can make it.

Also, feel free to upload some piccies of your bike!
  5. Thanks. Hoping to get out for a few rides. Will have to keep my eyes open for when they are on.

I should post some pics as well. It's the tri-colour with primarily white tank and red frame :)
  6. Howdyhowdyhowdy!
  7. Hello from a fellow southsider!