Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Shepparton

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RussellDP, Oct 5, 2015.

1. G'day everyone, thought I should introduce myself. A 46 year old bloke from Shepparton who had always wanted a bike, but knew when I was younger that I was too much of an idiot to buy one, and eventually the urge passed.

Fast forward to earlier this year and my brother had bought himself an XVS650 and proudly showed it off to me.

Well, the bug bit. HARD.

SO now I own a 2004 Hyosung Comet GT250, bought a good jacket, gloves, helmet pants and boots.

Im learning, putting things into practice and am fascinated by these bloody machines.

Say g'day sometime
    • Like Like x 2
  2. G'day Russ, welcome to the forum.

How's Shepparton for twisties?
  3. No such thing.....no hills, all straight roads. There is one that links Shepparton and Mooroopna that's not bad, but its only about 5km long
  4. Hi and welcome Russell, if you're free and would like to meet some of us friendly crew, we're heading to Bright and surrounds on 23/24/25 october, check HERE for info. Come ride some twisty roads:playful: You could meet us at Milawa.

Ned :)
  5. Thanks Ned, and I appreciate the offer. Its something I will do going forwards but at the moment, I am working to get my confidence and skills up before I commit to a group ride anywhere.

I will definitely keep an eye out though.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. welcome aboard :]