Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new rider from SA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by typevu, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, names Vu - just picked up my learners a few days ago along with an immaculate blue 2010 Ninja 250R just about straight after... like within the hour after!

Never ridden a motorbike in my life before doing the 2x half day course and only riding within 30km/h max and using max of 3rd gear during the course I was pretty nervous riding the bike home for the first time and it was during peak hour too! Sure enough, made it home un-scathed, kept up with the traffic and it was pretty fine actually!

Previously had a 310kw R32 GTR and although this bike is only a 250cc LAMS bike I'm having so much more fun than I ever did in the GTR and I've only been riding around the suburbs/City and within the speed limits and my own! Best move ever going from 4 wheels to 2 :dance:

and what's with the lack of an SA sub-forum? Looks like the most that ever happens in SA is coffee nights!!!??? :LOL:

2. Welcome to NR Vu, first thign I would suggest is get Oggie Nobs for the bike !!!

3. Welcome to NR (y)