Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Queanbeyan, NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wogboy, May 2, 2016.

1. Hello all! I'm 38 and in the process of becoming a new rider. I've never ridden a motorcycle in my life, mainly because I've always heard it was dangerous. Then, about 4 years ago while I was living overseas I watched a TV documentary of a guy taking route 66 and wished I was that guy. A few months ago I decided to take the big first step and booked myself in for the learners course. I started reading about motorcycles, visiting motorcycle stores, watching different videos of motorcycles after work at night, talking to friends who ride bikes, and really trying to educate myself about riding. I joined up on the forum hoping to learn a bit more along the way.

• Like Like x 2
  2. G'day and welcome, WogboyWogboy. There are lots of 30, 40 and 50-something new riders here. It sounds as though motorcycling is, like for most of us here, now a big part of what you think and talk about. Do you own a motorcycle or looking around for one at the moment?
  3. That's how all addictions Start...

Welcome to NR...
  4. gday WogboyWogboy, welcome to riding and NR!

riding is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to NR and to the love of riding.
  6. Damned addictions. Welcome
  7. welcome aboard :)
  8. welcome to the forum mate
  9. Welcome mate!
  10. I hope you have a 2nd job... You'll need it with all the $ you're gonna spend on this new hobby hehehe

It's amazing and the more you do it, the more you want it :)

Plenty of info here and plenty of experienced brains to pick.
    Find yourself some events near you under the Events threads.

Happy (learning) riding!
  11. Thanks Valves! I'm really enjoying the experience so far and this forum is great!
  12. Welcome WB! Riding is VERY addictive.. There's a fairly large riding community here in Canberra, with lots of support for new riders, especially when it comes to practicing the P's (MOST) test.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to getting to know my local riding community.