Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from North QLD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by the_number_seven, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Hello all,

My name is Harriet and I've just moved to Cairns.
    I've grown up riding but am looking to get my first road bike in the next few months.
    I'm an absolute rookie with road riding (did my licensing a few years ago with not many rides since) and have really enjoyed reading the '101' beginners tips!

If anyone knows instructors or social riding groups in Cairns please let me know!
    Hoping to get more lessons, advice and research under my belt before deciding on a bike.

I look forward to spending many hours reading through the site!

2. do I hear crickets ?
    hi Harriet
  3. Hello Harriet,

Don't mind me asking a personal question as an ice-breaker... Which glove do you put on first? I put on the left, then the right, then I put on my helmet, realise that I can't do up the strap, take my gloves off, do up the strap, put on my left glove, then my right glove, realise I've forgotten to put on any other gear, take off my gloves and helmet, then I get back into bed an go back to sleep!

Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:
  4. Hi Harriet,
    Great roads up your way. I'd advise against a cruiser style of bike considering the nice corners eg Cairns to Port Douglas. I hired a Shadow and it was a bit of a nightmare scraping the pegs.

Welcome to the forummm.
  5. Hello and welcome. FNQ great part of the world. Watch those roundabouts when wet which is most of the time :)