Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Newcastle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by NewyRider, Jan 27, 2015.

1. :DHi all,

My name is Matt and just got my license and a bike just before chrissy its been something ive wanted to do for years and finally did so.

My previous experience is riding dirt bikes with mates when i was younger and had riden a few road bikes over recent years with one being a mates CBR954RR which scared the living shit out of me...

The bike i just got was a 1996 RVF400R which is a awesome bike good fun ive had a couple of issues with it that im currently fixing i just replaced the radiators and new silicone hoses, i got new rotors and brembo pads, replaced the reg/rec on a custom bracket to get some airflow cause it was getting way to hot, i snapped a throttle cable so waiting for a replacement, it also needed to be re jetted so waiting on the jet kit and hopefully she will be like new...

I got the bike as a commuter and selling my car as it was way to expensive to run a rotary and the bike is way more fun even in the peeing down rain..

I look forward to meeting some like minded people and hopefully go for rides with some locals.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum Matt.

3. #3 Ducfreak, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Welcome Matt :)
    There are a few fellow Novocastrians here, plus loads of riding groups around town and the valley.
    keep an eye out for an old Ducati :whistle: I'll be the one nodding to all and sundry ;)

4. Hi Matt, fellow Newcastle rider here. I get around on an orange Ninja 300, so say hi if you see me. Usually keen for a ride somewhere on my days off.

5. welcome aboard

6. (y)Thanks for the welcome guys,

Hey DrSleepy, i did see a orange ninja 300 at glendale at the end of last year might of been you will say hi if i see you and im always keen for rides...

Ducfreak, i will mate i nod to all also but surprisingly how many riders actually dont return the nod...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello and welcome.

8. Welcome to the site Matt, hope your cable arrives soon and you get up and running again.
    Stay safe n upright,:]

9. Hey Matt, I'm new to the site and also in the Newcastle area. Ever see a helmet glow in the dark around town? That's me. Feel free to hit me up for a ride any time

10. G'day NewyRiderNewyRider and welcome to the forum.

11. Welcome to NR...

12. Welcome to the forum!

13. Welcome Matt! Fellow Novacastrian here - probably see you out and about when I am set up on my new bike..