Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jyhuang, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Hey guys, got my P a while ago and have been riding a Honda CBR250R for couple of months, still very rusty with my turns. Always keen to meet fellow riders around my area and learn more about bike maintenance/techniques etc.

P.S. Any awesome road to go for a joyride near Glen Waverley area?

2. G'day mate. Look for the practice thread in Elwood every Saturday, and look for any rides that you can join - plenty available in Melb
  3. Welcome, try heading for Warrandyte. Probably the closest good roads to you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. welcome aboard :] & as chillibuttonchillibutton says check out the Saturday practice thread
  5. welcome to Netrider!
  6. Welcome to NR, heaps to learn from being here.
  7. Uncles EPIC after practice ride ( always check Forum and back a few pages to confirm on) usually does some good roads out our way leaving from Rowville. There are enough stops to bailout if need be, as some riders do on occasions. Try to get into Saturday practice first and have a chat with those facilitating the Sat. practice session - they will be able to help with tips on techniques etc and give you an indication of the skill level suitable for the usual rides posted on the forums.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. And also past Belgrave towards gembrook etc.
  9. I'm in the Ferntree Gully Area plenty of good roads up this way look up google maps the road from The Basin to Olinda is great then you got plenty of options after that.