Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Ebathory, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Hello all!

Just joined this fabulous community but have been lurking/stalking it for months in the lead up to getting my L's and bike. Wanted to say a quick hello and thanks to all the posters (especially the experienced ones who have answered many of my questions via things posted by other noobs like me) this site is a fount of useful information, tips and 'learn by my mistakes' style tutoring.

Am riding a Red 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250, will put it up in all its sexy glory when I get the camera on my phone working again... Damn technology...

So thanks again for having such an awesome community, who knows, maybe the next rider I nod to on the street will be someone whom I have read advice from here?

2. Welcome and congrats on the new ride. May see you at one of the learner sessions in the near future.
  3. Hi Ebathory and welcome, you will need a few more posts before you can post pictures. It's one of those anti spam things built in to the site :)

What part of Melbourne do you hail from?
  4. Thanks for the welcomes Pockets and Chris! I guess I'll just have to become a more active poster before I can share pics of my bike.

And I live in Elsternwick, just off the highway so pretty close to where the Saturday learner rides are held (I believe they are based around Elwood, correct me if I'm wrong).
  5. Welcome to the practical side of Netrider. Won't be too long till YOU'LL be answering the noobies' questions....
  6. Thanks Hornet, although I think it will be a little more (lot more!) time yet before I stop considering myself a noobie. I spent the first 3 weeks on my bike riding around the quiet streets of suburbia, avoiding school times and peak hour. Recently been going for (slightly) longer rides up and down Beach road and am having an absolute blast! So glad I finally got my L's, I can tell this is the beginning of a life-long love affair ha ha.
  7. Hi Ebathory and welocme to NR.

And if you can make it to Beach Rd you cn make it to Saturday practice. See you there soon.