Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by pooger, May 23, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

Lurked for quite a while (longer than my registration shows :)) but only recently made the moves to get on the road. Thought I'd swing past and put up a post in the WL.

Got all my gear incrementally (so so poor, but wanted to be safe ;)) and have just organized for my new bike, which should be ready sometime this week. So excited! Tis a yamaha yzf-r125. Yes, I know, tis only a wee 125cc, but I had a good look at the vtr's, and the older naked/faired bikes, and the recent price drops on the r125 really sold me on them.

Anyway, hopefully I'll see some of you at the learner days I've seen floating around the forum threads

Cheers,
    Dave

2. Hey Dave, welcome.
    125, 250, 600... doesn't matter. As long as your out there and having fun.
    The initial set-up fee for gear is a big chink in the side pocket, but has to be done (don't worry, riding will take away the thought of all the cash you have spent).

See you at the learner day/nights.

3. as any bloke will always say, size doesn't matter ;)

enjoy! :D

4. Thanks guys :) im a skinny bloke, so that should help with the power delivery haha

5. Welcome Dave. You might be on a 125 for now, but it's not forever. Just get the hang of riding and move up when you're ready (and richer).
    Enjoy the ride, mate.

6. Hi Dave and welcome to NR