Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sevans, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I'm a (very) new rider and wanted to get on here to say hi. Although I've been driving for 15 years, I've finally seen the light and bought a bike - a Hyosung GT250 to be exact.

I'm looking forward to learning a heap of stuff from all of you, particularly about riding techniques etc. I'm also keen to get out and about with a few of you. Although, sadly, I can't make this week's L Riders outing it'd be great to hear from anyone who's in and around Melbourne and is keen to go riding.

Thanks all.

2. Sunday, Noojee, Learner friendly, check the Vic sub-forum.

yay motorbikes, burn the car.
  3. Welcome Stuart!

There's a number of folks in a similar boat to you here in Melb who've got their licenses after 10 - 20 years of driving, so you'll find lots of information here on the forums. Some of it will even be useful! :)

As brownyy said, check out the thread on the Learner ride to Noojee this Sunday, and also take a look at the Tuesday night learner ride. It's a great way to meet other riders and practice your skills.

How long have you been riding, by the way? Oh, and which part of Melbourne are you in?

4. Welcome Stuart. Ask away on this forum as everyone on it is very helpful. Did you buy your bike new or second hand?
  5. Hi guys,

I've been riding for about two-three months. I bought a second-hand Hyosung GT250 and like the riding position as I'm 6'3. Sadly I can't make this Sunday's ride but am keen to get out there and meet a few other blokes who are in a similar position.

Oh, i'm based in Fitzroy. Where are you based?
  6. Welcome to Netrider, and riding; a lot of what you know from driving, road-craft, etc, will be useful, but the rest will be brand-new, so learn and enjoy. Remember the two Golden Rules;

1. treat everryone else on the road is if he/she is a homicidal maniac, and you have a target on your back
    2. ATGATT {All The Gear, All The Time}
  7. Welcome to Netrider, Stuart :)
  8. welcome mate :)
  9. Hi Stuart and welcome to NR.

Another way to meet a few NetRiders is by attending one (or more) of the may coffee night.

There is also a regular Sat morning practice which now looks like it will sometimes have a L friendly ride attached.