Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne, Vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by natebizzle, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Hey guys and gals! Names Nathan and I'm a very fresh new rider from Melbourne in Victoria. So fresh in fact that I just got my learners a few days ago after thinking about it for years!

Been doing a lot of Google searches over the last few days while looking for a first bike and netrider kept coming up in the results so I thought I'd register and enjoy the wealth of information and knowledge from all the experienced riders on here. Look forward to sharing my own experiences as they come about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Nath, We generally recommend getting along to Saturday Morning practice in Elwood/St Kilda when you are ready. Lots of good people there and an opportunity to have a look at what other people are riding before you get your own. Don't feel you have to have a bike to turn up, just come along and introduce yourself.

Any idea on what type of bike you are looking for yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Nath,
    Whereabouts are you based ?
    As Cj said, any types or bikes in mind so far ?
  4. welcome aboard Nathan :) congrats on the Ls good luck on your search for a bike
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome aboard bro. What sort of bike are you looking at? I'm in a similar situation, I go for my license next month..

6. Welcome to NR Nath, enjoy the endless information and advice!
  7. welcome to Netrider Nathan!....you have found exactly the right place for friendly advice (y)
  8. Thanks for all the welcome messages guys! CJ that sounds like an awesome idea, cheers for the heads up. I'm looking at the Yamaha XV250 at the moment as I want something comfortable for weekend rides and also something that I can customise fairly easily to my liking. The bike will be more of a cruiser and less of a commuter so I figured it made more sense.
  9. Hey CJ, is there a specific place and time these meets happen on a Saturday? Would be keen to check them out after Christmas. Cheers!
  10. Check out this thread for details: [VIC] - [Saturday] 10am Basic Skills Practice
    • Like Like x 2