Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Melbourne (Inner district)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Pocketz, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,

My name is Pockets i am 18 years of age. I've recently just decided to start riding and was advised by a friend of mine about netirder. I am highly interested in the learner nights and meeting new people to ride with.

Just recently purchased myself an rs125 but great news i can't get my learners until the 8th due to vicroads (car license issues). And even greater news on the way home from purchasing the bike the engine had a ceisure amd locked up whilst my housemate was riding it home. The person who sold it to us sayed he would fix it (relieved cause it was a private sale), but not recieving the bike back to mid to late January. Nice way to ease into riding :(.
    My bike.
    I know it will be worth the wait in the end, looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing you at some events when my bike is ready to go.

2. Welcome Pockets, Bad news on the bike, but good that the guy you bought it from is going to get you going again. It maybe is a good thing that you wont have it straight away, having it sitting in the garage without a license to go use it would be a sad and tempting thing. :)

3. if you believe in ugly omens...

welcome to Netrider anyway :)

4. Yeh it most likely would of been ridden if it was in my hands. 8-[

5. welcome bud

6. Hi and welcome to NR.

Hope the bike turns out well.

7. Ouch, must have run outa oil (seperate oil injection?) to cause the seizure. Hope not, as it might bode not-so-good for other previous owner's maintainance history.

Good luck, might pay to go the 'once over' when you get it home again.

8. Hi and welcome! Where in inner Melbourne are you?

9. Port Melbourne

10. Yeh we will get it checked over when we get it back. I believe the piston ceased causing barrel/ring damage. All should be good with new parts i hope.

11. Welcome Pockets.