Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from Darwin

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Inphered, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hey all.

Names Nick. I'm a fresh L plate motorbike rider. I've always wanted to ride bikes, but haven't been in a position in the past to be able to afford to ride. Now all that has changed. I did my first M.E.T.A.L (Motorcycle Education Training and Licencing) course last weekend to get my L's and have since brought a GV650. I prefer a cruiser because I don't feel comfortable on a trail bike and due to my height I find it quite uncomfortable to sit on a road bike for an extended period of time, plus I reckon the looks of the hysoung crusier are supurb :)

Had my first proper ride on the bike today, picking it up, riding back to work then home again after. Surprisingly i wasn't too nervous with the traffic but i've definatly got to work on my slow speed cornering, I'm guessing its the usual newbie thing of not wanting to lean too far and that jazz.

You'll be seeing (or hearing) alot of me on here from now on.

Anyways.......... Hi

2. welcome to Netrider, and riding

wisdom on low speed stuff is to look ahead at where you want to go, not down at the ground JUST THERE, which is the natural instinct

and use your back brake mostly in low-speed manoeuvring; there are just too many threads and posts here from people who grabbed the front brake while turning at low speed and made immediate and painful acquaintance with the ground

Enjoy the riding, and even if the questions have been asked before (bet they have :LOL:) ask them anyway; they're new to you......
  3. Hi, I'm not very good at writing about myself.. so I'll just say, hey I'm Julia.. I'm 23 and work in a pet shop..
  4. Hi Nick, great to have you around. Welcome mate.
  5. Hi Julia, welcome. Are you from Darwin too?
  6. Was just thinking the same thing myself
  7. Judging by their signature line, I'm guessing they might be from the same place as all those hot women that keep sending me emails.

The magical kingdom of Spam.
  8. awww damn, got all excited lol
  9. So many Nick's.... so many legends (y)

Used to live in Darwin (1998-2000)
    Welcome aboard mate.