Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider from brissy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by HopeIDontStackIt, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Hey guys, Im new to the two wheel community and super excited about this new venture ive embarked on. I probably can't consider myself a rider yet as Im still deciding what bike to get lol. Nevertheless, look forward to sharing and hearing others experiences. Peace ✌

2. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction to things with two wheels.

Don't be afraid to ask. We have all been where you are now - starting out with ten million and one questions and concerns.

At least it's fun figuring this all out!

3. Welcome :cool:

4. Hi I'm new too :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to NR!

I have just been in your shoes! Its a daunting and exciting place to be.

What part of Brissy are you from?

What style of bike are you looking for?

Plenty of people who can help and give advice on here so don't be afraid to ask :)

6. welcome aboard :)

7. gday HopeIDontStackItHopeIDontStackIt and welcome to NR dude - riding is like being on a flying magic carpet, the way to get the most enjoyment is to go naked!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hey there HopeIDontStackItHopeIDontStackIt don't worry, we have all been there. Plenty of helpful people on here!

9. Welcome to the crazy house that is NR HopeIDontStackItHopeIDontStackIt !
    Try out as many bikes as you can and ask lots of Qs. Then make sure you post photos of your beastie up in the showcase section and keep and eye out for organized rides / training in the Events section on the forum. I know there's quite a few people here from Brissy but they all seem to be rather quiiiieeetttt :rolleyes:

10. Thanks guys! Great to finally be able to interact with other riders!! I dont have a single mate that rides or thats even somewhat interested in bikes. Once i can successfully navigate this forum the million and one questions will come flying... cheers guys

11. Thanks! Im from the Bayside and the kind of bike i want.... lets just say I've been obsessing over the day i get to buy a Z1000 lol but whilst im dreaming of that Im trying to decide between the Z300 and Duke 390. Hopefully I'll have one of those this weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to

13. Duke it up baby! Lol

I was skeptical at first... But the Duke is more capable than I even though.... If you don't believe me, check out what it can do on my blog lol! Done 28,000kms in the last 3 months and still going ;)

14. Lol nice! I was actually leaning towards the Z300... purely for aesthetic pleasure lol. Is there any info on either of these bikes on here?

15. I am on the Bayside and happy to mentor, so if you need any help or tips, don't be afraid to ask.

CC

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tha
    Thanks man!

17. Awesome mate.. and Im sure I'll have a thousand questions to throw at you soon. What part of the bayside are you from? Im in Victoria Point.

18. Yes HopeIDontStackItHopeIDontStackIt ,
    Just do a search function for the bike of your choice and a few should be listed under a thread OR you can search through the thread for "showcase bikes". You'll find everyone's beasties with piccies and reviews

Good luck, which ever you choose :)

Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman - you're a legend for offering!!

19. Wynnum, but I get around :)

CC

20. Great and thanks for the pointers!