Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider- Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DukeMan85, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Hi everyone :)

Just a quick post to say hi to everyone.
    Bit about me,
    Got bike for commuting and weekends
    New rider ( ridden dirt bikes 10-15 years ago)

My ride (pics when i work out how)
    KTM Duke 390 with
    Crash bars
    Akarpovic Slip-on (y)

Still to do Q-ride, should be this weekend time permitting. Once completed will be looking for people to ride with and even a mentor to show me right from wrong.

Thanks everyone
  2. Howdy Duke.
  3. hi Duke, welcome to NR! I'm in Bris as well, if you're ever after someone to ride with just holler! and if you're seriously after a mentor, then @Bumblebeeman1150@Bumblebeeman1150 is a legend so send him a PM :)
    (Sorry BBM for pimping you out there LOL)
  4. Welcome to NR...
  5. Hi Dukeman Welcome. Some of the sites functions won't be available to you yet. Keep posting and contributing and extra functions will gradually open to you. One of the limitations is image posting,
  6. Hey everyone
    That explains it, thanks CJVFR (y)
    Ness really loved your blog, read it before I got my bike. Thanks for posting it. Definitely looking for people to ride with and would love bumblebeeman as a mentor sounds like a great person.
    Booking Qride tomorrow so hopefully be out soon. Cant wait to go for a legal ride :whistle:
  7. Hey @DukeMan85@DukeMan85 can I give you an itty bitty tip? If you type an '@' symbol and then type the first few letters of someone's userID, you can pick them from a list that pops up. Then, the next time that person is online they get a little alert to tell them that you were talking about them :)

Glad you like the blog. I'm still writing up adventures, I haven't blogged in a while so I had a couple of catch up on. Never getting that behind in blogging again! It's great to go back and read some of the early stuff though, helps me remember how far I have come. It's a huuuuuge learning curve, this learning to ride a bike thing :)

Who are you doing your Qride with? A friend of mine just did hers this weekend and she passed with flying colours so I hope you do too! Let us know when you're ready for a nice quiet potter around in some back streets
  8. Hey @DukeMan85@DukeMan85 - I really like your choice of bike! (Maybe I'm biassed)

Done any mods to her/him yet? Post some details on the seperate Duke 390 thread if you have time

PS: Welcome to Nutrider.
  9. Hi @DukeMan85@DukeMan85 - Liking your choice as well! And just like @GeorgeO@GeorgeO i am biased aswell. I'm also new to netrider and from Brisbane. Current ride is a KTM Super Duke 990 R, love it. Also thanks @Ness_@Ness_ for the tip on using @.
  10. How did QRide go?
  11. Welcome aboard duke :]