Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider Bowral area

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Brodie440, Apr 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys, I'm a 18 year old new rider. Started riding two months ago and own a cb125e. I'm around the Bowral area and upgrading to a R15 in the coming months so was hoping to get some friends to ride with in the area as riding alone is no fun, any tips or advice is very welcome.
    Info: didn't touch a bike before getting license, became very comfortable very quickly, all round rider (wouldn't have it any other way), dream bike is a 1100 hyper motard.
    Thanks guys.

2. Welcome to Netrider !

3. Welcome. I rode to Robertson this morning, I'd be happy to give you some tuition....

4. Hey man, you from around the area? Would love some people to ride with and gain some experience.
    Thanks, Brodie.

5. I live in lake Illawarra and I worked for nearly ten years in Mittagong, so I know your area very well. I'm semi retired now so I'm available during the week for rides, any day except Tuesdays and Wednesdays...

6. Welcome :cool:

Hornet is a great mentor to have along on any ride.

• Like Like x 1
  7.  Top
  8. I drove through there yesterday and stopped for a pie and coffee (also got a family size apple pie to take home - they are great!)

9. Welcome to NR.

10. Yeah man that's awesome, I'll direct message you a day that I'm not working because I work over at the Mittagong Bunnings. We can go for a ride and I can hopefully get some tips and tricks.

11. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.

12. Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your superb choice of aspirational motorcycle.

13. Welcome to Netrider Brodie :)

14. Which tricks are you interested in? Stoppies, wheelies or handstands on the seat while riding? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Would very much love to learn wheelies but unfortunately I believe they are impossible on a cb125 haha, I'm limited to my party trick being falling off.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Well I suppose we all have to start somewhere....falling off is not a bad place to start....

17. Yeah had my first fall off at 40km swerving around a wombat because my bulbs blew at night, was a rough landing. Bike and me survived with some aesthetic damage and scrapes.

18. As long as you have a scar.....chicks dig scars.

19. how to sip your macchiato with your visor closed with knee down on a decreasing radius off-camber turn and reaching for a cannoli?

20. I caged it there on Friday on my way back to Sydney from a work trip to Canberra then rode there on Monday - I enjoyed it more on Monday!