Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider - Belconnen, Canberra (ACT)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by frogs, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi

My name is Leigh and I am a new member of the netrider forum. Nice to meet you all!

I got my L's in Canberra about 4 years ago but due to a series of unfortunate events, I ended up letting it lapse and ended up selling my bike (94' Suzuki TU250) shortly afterward. I vowed then that I would get my L's back and purchase another bike, and that time has finally arrived!

The plan at this stage is to get a bike sometime in mid-June. I'm keen to find a LAMS Cafe Racer-style bike between 5-7k (free to take any suggestions). I'd also be keen to meet anyone in the ACT Region who is part of a bike club. There's plenty of ACT Clubs advertised on the internet but it is pretty hard to decipher which ones are good/not good/suitable for me etc.

Hope to see a few of you on the road in a few months time!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome frogsfrogs and good luck second time round (y)

3. gday frogsfrogs welcome to NR!

4. Hi frogsfrogs Welcome. I'm also in Canberra. If I were you I would sign up on Canberrariders.org.au There are plenty of rides organised through there as well as practice sessions for L platers. Coffee night is on Wednesdays

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. welcome aboard :)

6. Welcome to the forum mate