Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Alert - Salutations!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Lord Panda, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Hi everyone! I'd thought I'd introduce myself to you all and say 'hello' :D

I've been lurking around the forums for months now, and I have to say that, from what I've read, riding is both full of trepidation and enjoyment. I hope I lean towards the latter part of the spectrum.

I can't wait to get my motorcycle - my friend will be selling me his GPX250 in a few months so I'm after some gear and info in the meantime.

2. Welcome to the forums oh esteemed Lord Panda!!

Don't worry trepidation gives way to enjoyment within a coupla seconds :wink:

3. Welcome to the forums mate.

:D :D
  4. Thanks fellas!

I'll be picking up a 93 model GPX250 in a couple of months for around $2500 and see if I can get some decent gear to go with it. I might then sign up for a course ala HARTS or something similar as I definitely need some serious training - yeah have never even sat on a motorcycle before hehe :shock:

While I'm at it, can you folks give me an idea how much rego and insurance are likely to cost? I'm 25 so it shouldn't hit me too hard right?
  5. Hey LP welcome!

This can be a great place to meet other riders and learn some valuable info.

- Jase :D
  6. Hehe I intend to sponge (or is it soak up?) as much as I can!

I'll also endeavour to offend as little as possible :wink:
  7. My CB250's the same age. Rego's about $250 and 3rd party insurance costs me about $80. Darn cheap really but that should give you more to spend on your gear. You can expect that to cost about $1500, but it's worth it cause the RACV won't insure your flesh, bones, spinal cord etc... if you stack.
  8. That's what my mates (there are quite a few riders amongst the Xerox engineers! - their racing photos are great!) tells me as well and it makes perfect sense. In my mind, I've set aside around $1500 or so for gear as well. All up my budget is around 5K including bike and gear.
  9. Go for it then! No point in waiting cause you're missing all the fun. Welcome to the club.
  10. All hail Lord Panda! :-& Welcome to the craziness that is......NETRIDER!!

(OMG...I think I just made myself sick! :shock: :roll: )

:D :D :D
  11. Welcome to the forum Seany! See the Night Hawks are taking over!
  12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome aboard :twisted:
    Lisa :twisted:
  13. allo LP
    and welcome to 'dis place...... :p
  14. Thank you! thank you! You are all too kind :oops:
  15. Howdy. That is all....;)
  16. Welcome. No doubt we can Panda to your every whim.

A motorcyclist who's taken the name of an endangered species. Gotta love the optimists!
  17. Hopefully I won't cause too much pandamonium! 8-[