Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New ride

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by lockie, Jun 9, 2012.

1. My new 2012 R1, picked up today.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nice. But why the training wheels? Ha.
    You ever had a bike longer than a year? Just looking at your previous bikes.
  3. That bike looks EVIL
  4. Very nice. What'd you upgrade from?
  5. Upgrade from a Street Triple R - great bike but felt like a change.

Haha yea definitely training wheels - someone else just said the same thing to me! Nah haven't had a bike longer than a year yet, which is silly and expensive but may as well make the most of it while I can. The joys of still living at home haha
  6. He's coming off a friendly Triple onto a mad man R1, he'd be crazy not to stick the training wheels on :rofl:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. haha the triple wasn't that friendly - feeling pretty slow on the R1 on the streets compared to it, so far at least. Very tall gearing to contend with now.
  8. Another pic after a short ride yesterday. Damn Brisbane rain is ruining my weekend though.

9. Stunning Lockie.......what a weapon....
  10. Nice colour that. Enjoy that motor!
  11. haha cheers - the sound of the motor is something else. Very easy to ride in most conditions except the really slow sub 30km/h stuff... hoping for a fine weekend to get properly acquainted with it though.
  12. That R1 is a nice looking bike mate, well done!
  13. Found A mode yet? Definately NOT for commuting around town or putting around at slow speeds. Great for everything else though.
  14. nice color on the R1, enjoy :)
  15. haha yea been having a play with the modes. Good fun cruising around in B or STD and then switching to A and nailing it a bit... definitely wakes you up a bit. Hoping to get a proper ride or two in on the weekend to give it a proper go.
  16. NICE! Love the R1's. (y)
  17. I got rid of my Street Triple a month ago, replaced it with a new Sprint GT very comfy. Just bought a 08 model R1 for fun, now I have two bikes.
    The R1 takes your breath away.
    Nice ride hope you get out soon to run it in.
  18. Nice bike! I was thinking of getting one but couldn't justify the extra cost for TC - my test ride failed to make it engage, and I've only made the back of mine step out of line a few times...

+1 to above, A mode is definitely not for commuting :p
  19. yea havent seen the TC light flicker yet, but then havent really given it a good go either
  20. Nice bike, judging by your signature you don't keep them for long haha.