Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Ride - 06 CBR1000RR

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Nucleotide, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I picked it up a few weeks a go but have only just got around to polishing, cleaning and taking some pics.

06 CBR1000RR with 3600k's on it, brand new Michelin Pilot Powers, rear seat cowl, and tinted screen.

It had a carbon fibre micron exhaust on it but I took it off. It was bloody loud for one and it needed to come off anyway for a road worthy. I don't mind a nice note but this was just too intense for my liking. So if anyone is looking for an exhaust, I have one for sale. :)

2. That is one sexy beast. How much did u pick it up for? I'm looking to get one too
  3. Very nice - it was second on my list! I'm a big fan of the under-seat pipe look.

Looks very clean. Nice low Ks.

4. Nice bike mate - well done (y)
  5. I had to Google HESD, but it looks like a pretty tricky piece of kit - do you "know it's working" while you're riding?
  6. Gets me (and I'm seriously looking for either a CBR600RR or a R6) how small amount of kilometres a lot of these bike have covered. An '06 model with 3600km on the clock? That's less than 1000km per year! I do that and more per month. Maybe the line "Only ridden by a leather clad granny to church on Sundays" holds some water.

Nice bike bud!
  7. Thanks for the all the comments. :)

Picked it up for $11000. I was looking for a little while and most were 5/6/7+ thousand k's and some even much, much more then that and asking $12-13000+. This one just popped up on Bike Sales and straight away I jumped on it. I put a deposit down without even seeing the bike in person. Went to pick it up and it was just tucked away in this guys garage covered up. He said he was the second owner, bought it 1.5 years ago and just never had the time to ride it. (y)

I haven't been in a situation where I could actually tell you whether or not it is working and how well. At low speed I don't believe it does much at all. I think it mainly comes into effect at high speed and acceleration. There are tests you can do to check if it's working but haven't done those yet.
  8. Nice bike! Makes me miss my cbr600rr, love hondas, wish i never got rid of it
  9. Thanks... and no, you shouldn't have got rid of it. :)

What did you get instead?