Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New RGV250 Track Bike Project

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by giggs, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Thought I would jump on here and let you all know about my new project. I have just bought a 1998 VJ22 and I will be building it up as a track bike. My daily ride is a 2010 GSX-R750 and while it is amazingly good at the track, I wanted something that wouldn't cost as much for a major track crash and also something that would teach me how to ride better.

The bike was bought from a neighbor and hasn't been road registered or ridden for that matter in 3 years so I have some work to do.

I am blogging all the work I am doing to the bike here (http://rgvtrackbike.wordpress.com/) in the hope that others find it interesting and/or helpful. At the same time, while I am mechanically handy, I have not done this before so I'm hoping anyone that reads it will call me out if I'm doing something stupid or provide suggestions on the way to do something better ;-)

I hope you enjoy the journey and I welcome any commentary and/or suggestions.