Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New/returning rider in Mildura

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cypher, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Great community here, I've been lurking for a few weeks and have learnt a lot.

I haven't owned a road bike for about 15 years, and then it was just an old CB250, but spent many years bashing around in the dirt, most recently on an XR400. Sold that a couple of years ago, so haven't ridden at all for that time

After considering buying a 650 Vstrom as my first "decent" road bike, I've ended up buying a silver 2002 TDM900. Trailered it home from Melbourne yesterday (1100km round trip - gale force winds and dust-storm all the way home...).

About to head out and do a few steady ks on it, can't wait!

2. Welcome (back) :)

The Yamaha should provide a break from the tedium (groan) of bike-less days :LOL:.
  3. Welcome back

Im sure that like myself you will enjoy being back on a bike so much more after a long break :applause: :applause: :applause:
  4. Hi and welcome to NR.

Good that you have upgraded from a CB250. Those things terrify me.
  5. heh heh... probably wasn't that safe laying on the tank trying to hold 100kmh uphill..... likely to get hit from behind by a grandma in a Morris 1100...

New bike is great though - really easy to ride, inspires confidence. For the first 20 minutes on my first ride my shoulders and arms were tensed up and stiff, but once I relaxed a bit I had a blast....

I have a lot to learn of course, and need to build up my general bike handling skills, but getting back onto a bike is the best thing I've done in years.
  6. Welcome back to two wheels and to this great site. Glad you're now relaxed and enjoying your new bike. Have a lot of fun. cheers.
  7. Hi there,
    I am from Mildura too. Not riding as yet, still need to learn properly and get my l's but hoping too soon! Nice to see someone local anyway :)