Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New pipe on GSX-R1000

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by zipper, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hey guys,

I have taken the ugly twin pipes off my GSX-R1000 K7 and put on a Racefit Mega Titanium slip on. It removes the big catalytic converter that sits under the bike. The weight savings are huge, and the sound is awesome. I have put a K&N air filter in and had a power commander installed then dyno tuned with a custom map.
    Let me know what you guys think?

2. Makes the bike look smaller and cleaner in my opinion.
  3. 1) Get your own thread title!! :p :grin:
    2) What was the dyno result. Before and after.....
    3) Looks sweet dude! The chunky pipes on the gixxer are horrible. That pipe looks sweet! How she feel on the road? Transformed or what?
  4. I reckon the pipe looks all out of place. If it were a black pipe then maybe.....

then again, it's better than the RF900 that you had when I first me ya :p
  5. Yeah, I was never keeping the twin pipe setup. I haven't got any pics from behind, but it really streamlines the whole look and makes the rear tyre look fatter and the tailpiece higher.

It felt great on the road with the standard pipes. The main difference now, apart from the sweet, sweet sound is the custom map has moved the torque curve down in the revs. Before the remap the power hit was too high in the revs, good for a track day but not as fun on the road.

Standard trim was 168hp now it is 175hp at the rear wheel, not that that really means much.
  6. You must have me mistaken with someone else. I have never and would never own a RF900.
  7. To be honest with ya..

Huge improvement on the fat ugly looking stock mofo's.

But personally, I prefer the look of GP's.

8. I love the look of the Jardine GP pipe also and it was my first choice, that was until I found out it keeps the catalytic converter, you can see it in those pics, it is the big ugly black box looking thing which is restricting the exhaust flow, all show no go.
  9. Well gotta agree with you there Zipper.

It is ugly. :LOL:

As for no go, you maybe right. I wouldnt know.

Shows there are pro's n con's with either exhaust. [​IMG]

All I know is that I cant hear my own bike when riding next to him
    & in the Burnley tunnel, its deafening. I ride away from him. [​IMG]
  10. Because clearly the extra couple of horsepower difference without the cat is really noticeable for 99% of riders who can't control all the power of the stock bike. :LOL:

But if you said it sounds better, then I'm with ya. Whacking a pipe on for more power always puzzles me though, unless you're a racer.
  11. You never get the urge for more? Power that is. Its pretty easy to take a bike to its limits (or a car for that matter) in a straight line. Dunno bout you but ive ridden my bike to its limits (again straight line) and i still craved a little bit more go. Modified it, took it to its limits and modified it some more. Still want more! It never ends.

Oh, and that extra couple of hp is VERY noticable!! VERY VERY VERY!
  12. Which track were you riding when you reached top speed on your ZX10R? If you were on the road then you're an idiot.

As for the pipes, Racefit is definitely the best thing to get, a lot of people won't buy them because they are only slip ons, but if you can get a hold of a custom mid pipe you'll be laughing. Get it tuned and mapped and you'll be pulling as much as a LeoVince or Akrapovic, and the best thing about it is that not every tom, dick and harry will have the same set up. There are enough Suzuki 1000's out there, so kudos to you for making it a little different.
  13. Jas0,
    That is my whole reason for getting the racefit, to be different. There are thousands of GSXR's out there and I dare say the majority of them have Yoshi pipes, just like I did on my old GSXR. The Racefit is a quality product. It is hand made in titanium which connects to the GSXR's standard titanium headers, and the finish is excellent. You really can't tell the quality in the pics and compared to the Yoshi I think the sound is way better. It is loud, but not an annoying loud, it has quite a deep note.

If you read my earlier posts it is not about the maximum hp, it is how the whole power curve has been tuned.
    Extra hp is just a bonus as far as I am concerned.
  14. Before you go shooting your mouth off, re-read my post. Where did i write that i had reached the top speed of my bike? Last time i checked, modifiying your exhaust doesnt change the top speed of your bike. Gearing does.

Sure ive tested the limits on my bike in terms of acceleration. There would not be 1 single person on here that hasnt. Then i modified it, it accelerated harder, i modified it some more etc etc. Never mentioned top speeds.
  15. [​IMG]

Good one noob. [​IMG]

Keep it up! [​IMG]