Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Oz bike speed record set...on warm-up run!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Gromit, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Balls the size of coconuts
  2. The sentence in The Australian's article that got my attention was:

Er, quite... :shock:
  3. i could wheelie at that speed,
    in my dreams

280 is quick enough
  4. "Noonan's Hayabusa has been timed at more than 260mph (418.43km/h) on GPS....
    Noonan's bike is a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa which he occasionally lets loose on the streets of California. " :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. "Unofficially, Ack Attack has already usurped Campos' record, when Jim Doom went 528.334 km/h at Bonneville in 2004. However, it was not an FIM-sanctioned event."

Memo to Jim: Change your name, or slow down. Fate is best not tempted.

Reminds me of a hang-gliding mate named Brian Fell.
  6. Motorcycle Land Speed Record

AS a warm-up to his world motorcycle speed attempt, American John Noonan casually set an Australian record of 232.828mph (375.528km/h) yesterday - on his roadbike.

" ... After that, he will hand the controls to Noonan, 40, who believes he can hit 400mph (643.8km/h) on a special long course laid out on Lake Gairdner, in the state's far northwest."

Wooohaaa. Turbo Hayabusa hitting 643.8km/h?! I don't think so.

edit: Ok, it's not the actual Hayabusa that'll be doing 643.8km/h... just TWO twin turbo Hayabusa engines.

Silver Bullet (Ack Attack) Website
  7. Thats classic Matt :LOL: