Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New on the bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by SteadyEddie, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, lurked around for a while and decided to finally book a license in and get a bike :)

Had an L plate a loooong time ago, however never got around to acquiring a bike when I lived in QLD, the license lapsed and this year, now in VIC the timing felt right.

Massive shout out to an NR member - dima, who played a large part in making this happen - cheers mate!

As it stands, picking up an SV650SU and sitting the L test this coming weekend :) wish me luck!

Cheers,
    SE

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Awesome :) (y) Welcome and enjoy the fun mate!

3. Welcome. Good choice of L bike there. Can see you through further than just your learners permit. Or when you feel the need to upgrade you'll still make some decent coin back

4. Welcome and good luck with your L test. You'll make it :)

5. Cheers RRdevil. If it wasn't for the LAMS scheme, I'd be on
    a 250 with my 6'4 frame. Now that would have been awkward...

Thanks @MadAzz :)

6. Welcome mate !

7. Welcome Edward.

8. Thanks guys. Now,.. to the 'tips' pages! :geek:

9. Good ol Steady, what a diamond. Met him at Adelaide airport years ago, a really friendly, chatty guy and funny to boot.

10. Welcome and good luck!

11. welcome to NR , roll up to Elwood sat morn prac sessions sat morning, great way to meet others, shapren your cone weaving skills and emergency braking skills!! Just roll up, introduce yourself, Doug is the man to get all the tips on riding there :) and yes learners as well experienced turn up..