Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New oldie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by tchh, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hi All
    After about 12 years since my last bike I am getting the urge again.
    I am 77 yrs young and have ducks disease [ a bit short] so this will influence my decision as to
    what bike I get.
    haven`t decided what brand or even what type yet.
    Don`t know that I want a cruiser though.
    So I guess will be looking at naked or sports tourers.
    My last bike was a chook chaser which was a lot of fun but don`t want to go there again.

Anyway am happy to join this group and reading the posts has already proven useful .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hell I feel positively youthful, thanks and welcome, hope you get a few rides in before you fall off the perch :)
  3. G'day tchh and welcome

I've got duck's disease too. Certainly cuts down the choices.
  4. I just want to say how awesome it is that at your age you are wanting to still ride. I guess the addiction never dies. Well done and hats off to you
  5. And I thought I was a silly old bugger! :)

You must be copping flak from all sides, but I suspect you dismiss it with a smile. Where are you living tchh?
  6. Living at Rosebud not far from Arthurs Seat.
    So if I`m going to fall off the perch its not a bad place to do it.
  7. You've gotta fall off the perch somewhere....Rosebud sounds good. and a hell of a lot less painful than falling off a bike. (I haven't fallen off a perch, but I have fallen off a bike, so I am at least 50% qualified to say.....)
  8. Welcome to NR...

77 years young, eh? Well..As they say better late than never...