Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New older rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by dave_r65, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Hi All

Ive been visiting netrider for a while now & found there to be some good info & great advice here so I joined. At 44 years of age I picked up my first bike last week (BMW R65) & had my first ride yesterday after getting my Ls 2 weeks ago & im still grinning. 1hr in a carpark & backstreets & I was into the 80k zone. Looking foward to my next ride & hope to see some of you out there on the roads of the mid north coast of NSW.

2. welcome to the forums, and as a fellow 'older rider' can i say u'll have a ball.... :LOL:
  3. thanks kezza, im sure i will
  4. Welcome Dave.

See what you Vics are missing out on? Dave STARTS out riding on an R65 BMW.

NSW LAMS, got to love it......
  5. Couldnt agree more. Glad I'm well past that stage.
  6. Hi Dave... nice 1st bike, I had an R65 at once stage but it certainly wasn't my 1st bike :shock:
  7. Welcome to the forum Dave.

Even though I am only month away from the end of my restrictions, I agree It really is about time the other States fell into line with LAMS.
  8. Its not overpowered, it light & easy to ride. And sounds great to.
  9. Welcome to the forums Dave :grin:
  10. Welcome to NR dave_r65, enjoy the ride :wink:
  11. Hi Dave *waves* Welcome :grin:
  12. Welcome Dave - there'll be a lot more grinning going on, so keep getting out their and enjoying it :grin: :grin:
  13. thanks for all the replies, makes you feel welcome here.