Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New OLD rider in Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mkelpie67, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Hi folks, Mark from Sydney.

I've owned bikes for about 20 years, but have been in-between bikes for about 5 years :)

I used to to be into fast road bikes, track days etc. then moved to S/E Asia and did lots of remote area touring so now I'm thinking of getting something like a DR or XR 650 to do some outback touring.

Hope to find some like minded to do a bushbash a week or two per year :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome from another "mature" newbie. I am beginning to realise I may not be the oldest old bugger here, just perhaps the silliest! :) Is 67 your age?

Sounds like you have a load of experiences and adventure behind you. Ahead of you too.
  3. Born '67 :) Yea I have a fair bit of riding experience, but would love to hook up with people who are interested in doing some extreme outback riding which I have zero experience doing.
  4. Ha! And you call yourself "old" ?

Where was your Asian riding experience?
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Howdy semi-old bloke, welcome.
  7. I lived in Vietnam for 4 years, so have ridden top to bottom about 3 times and a bit in Cambodia, Laos and Thailand. Also did a 3 week trip through the Indian Himalayas. That took every single bit of my riding experience to get through unscathed.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to NR....

Good riding experiences...