Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Old Bike Magazine

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by greenguzzi, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Well.... it's new, but it's called "Old Bike Australia".
    I just bought a copy, it's about old bikes, the old bike scene and it's about the good ol' days of biking when us baby-boomers were young lads and lassies. Read about the bikes we rode (or lusted after) and the places we rode them.

Lets hope this mag is successful - buy a copy!! Issue one is in the newsagents right now.

(No, I have no connection with this mag - I just thought it was a great idea.)

[img:800:1131:d689aacf5e]http://www.disciplescmc.com/forum/files/old_bike_mag0001_395.jpg[/img:d689aacf5e]

2. It's definately a good idea, looks a bit like the Classic Bike magazine out of the UK though I've only ever flicked through that one. Any idea what they consider to be "old"? It'd be nice if they ran a few articles on some of the early Japanese bikes.

3. I agree that it'll be good to see some early Jap stuff too. Issue 1 has an article on the Yamaha TD1A, but the rest seems to be Brit and Italian. But the editor (Jim Scaysbrook) is probably still defining the mag - so it would depend on what feedback he gets. So write to him, I know I will be.

4. I hope Jim uses his intimate knowledge of the Castro Six Hour race to write its history, perhaps as a series in this magazine????

Looks good, Geoff... :grin: