Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New (old) bike arrived

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by hph, Feb 8, 2008.

1. My new old bike just arrived. Its a 1985 750 katana with about 30k on the clock though i doubt that very much :grin:

Problem now is to find some time to get a blue slip.

kat.

2. Congratulations on the nice museum piece :LOL:
    People really do have something of an obsesion with these little beasties don't they :cool:

3. On-the-bike1s.

4. 750 Kat

My brother had one as well.

5. They are pretty badass bikes

6. Don't let jd see this; he's rebuilding his and he'll hate to see a good-conditioned goer :LOL:.

7. Nice bike, have fun

8. There's no fun in buying something someones already fixed IMO :p

That's a neat looking exhaust on that, header pipes look kinda thin though :?

9. OI, what's with the gold Kat in the background, you trying to corner the market :LOL:???

10. Yeah! Stick expansion chambers on, just for the hell of it.

11. eh??? It's a four-stroke :?.

13. Katana = Sword. Cuts all the big penises off! Sweet. :grin:

Ah, I'm tired... :cry:

14. Might be single skinned.

Congrats to the OP. Of all the aircooled Jap fours, The Suzuki GS/GSX range really is the cream of the crop.

15. I always loved the the look of these things. I remember picking up an AMCN in about '85 and they described it as a hunched back space man.

16. Very nice! I have an 84 (sadly for sale), pretty much the same as yours except the earlier white version. They are a great bike for their year, go well, stop okay and handle well plus the ride position would kill most modern sportsbikes for ergonomics (I think they were one of if not the first to have an ergonomically designed riding position!). Oh and they still keep up with a lot of modern bikes too!

17. Kat

Saw your for sale ad 1 day after I bought this one, else would have contacted you :( .

Anyway, taking it down for blue slip inspections tomorrow so fingers crossed. BTW Dave , where's the compliance plate located on your bike as I cant seem to locate mine :oops:

18. :)

Does the pop up light still work?

19. If I had the room Id have a collection of

250, 400, 750 and 1100 kats to add to my XN85

but no room :evil:

20. popup

Yes it does, makes a kind of transformer sound as well "BIZZZZZ" :LOL: