Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Ninja 250 quakka???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Audible, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Been browsing the usualy sites for a new 2 fiddy, and came across this on the kawasaki site.

Six & a half plus ORC seems like a good deal too for a newbie like me. Honda's sportie 2 fiddy is closer to 8 grand. So what does everybody think? Could this be the choice 2 fiddy for newbs like me to buy?
  2. A bloke in the US did a review of his first 4 rides on a brand new 08 250:

Ride 1: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236881
    Ride 2: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237001
    Ride 3: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237209
    Ride 4: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237746

I've read a bunch, and his review was probably the most interesting to date. I've had one on order since January, and it's due 'any day now' :)

Based on the price/aesthetics/reviews it's probably the best new 250 you can buy, and good value for money. My second choice would have been a VTR250 but they're a bit more expensive.

When I've got mine, I'll post pictures and reviews (from a new rider's perspective)... Any day now :)
  3. :WStupid: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  4. I keep forgetting what a flame pit this place is!

Oh well, at least somebody posted something useful. I didn't see those links in the 10 page sookfest in the reviews forum.
  5. Fail 1,2 :LOL: [-X
  6. If this proves to be the hit it looks like it will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see the VTR250 start to be discounted/reduced a bit.

Butz. :beer:
  7. The VTR does have the noob advantage of less expensive plastic. One decent drop and that price difference will look a lot smaller....
  8. Oh have a little sook. How about you read some of those threads and then you will have more information faster instead of waiting for an other thread to fill with the same information that every one has laredy gone over (Twice)
    You can biatch and squeel and say how hard done by you are or say oops, thank for the pointer.
  9. AFAIK, the VTR was deemed discontinued last year?
  10. VTR discontinued? I wonder if they'll release a new CBR250... That'd be a hit.

Has someone discussed the possibility of a new CBR250 before? If it is, then we better not talk about it, it's redundant. Use search.

Also it just came to my attention that this thread is becoming more 'general'. So perhaps the mod who moved it out of general discussion to bike reviews, should consider moving it back? This is very important, I think.
  11. Rumour is it'll be replaced by the 4-cylinder CB400.
    They'll never release a new CBR250 for the simple reason there isn't enough demand for one. That's why they stopped making them in the first place. They do still make the 250 Hornet though.
  12. Ok then, here is your "oops", I shoulda checked the reviews forum before posting. As I had checked the kawasaki site yesterday with only the broken link on the ninja 250 present then, so I thought the new pdf flyer with price was hot news. My bad thinking I was the first to pick it up and not checking the reviews forum before posting. Happy now?

Btw, Nice albinoblacksheep link. I liked it!

TTTT2. Good point on the breakable fairings. Might be worth going into a honda dealer with this price on the kawa as leverage for a good deal on the VTR.
  13. AMCN has a small column this saying that they are bringing it in, along with the VT400 Cruiser
  14. Be interesting to see the pricing on both. As I've mentioned before the CB400 is a lot dearer than the VTR in Japan, and from memory I think the cruiser is dearer still.
  15. I think if they decide to make a new CBR250RR with 4 cylinder it will be very expensive to make and have a high selling cost, much more than the VTR250.
  16. It'd probably be 8-9k ride away if they brought one out. But they wont, because they cost almost the same to make as the 600s, but they can sell them for more.
  17. Which is still a LOT cheaper than what a CB400 will likely cost (unless they're going to source them from somewhere other than Japan).
    Odd thing is the 250 Hornet would be in that price range, which you'd think would make an ideal replacement. It may not have a fairing but it does have a fuel-injected 4 cylinder, and even at that price I don't think they'd have much trouble competing with the 6-7k CBRs sold by dodgy importers - or even a brand new Hyosung.
  18. i've been getting quotes and the cheapest so far is $7290, anyone who know a cheaper quote let me know ha
  19. Well, spoke to the honda dealer yesterday after work, VTR 250 is no longer. Once they sell out all the 2007 stock, that's it. I'm still 2 kay short of buying one. By the time I save the extra fun tickets, they will probably be all gone. I might have to (gulp) finance if I want a VTR. It might have to be the kawa baby ninja after all.

Not a lot of choice out there for 250cc customers is there? Honda are now just the CBR and the little 125, Yammies scorpio, suzuki's baby cruiser, three kawa's the Hyosung and a bunch of others from god knows where some of the scooter dealers stock, 4-5 grand or so.

Think I can see why 150-250cc scoots are becoming popular.