Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Netrider (sort of)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Heman, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I've been a member of Netrider for a while now, but this is my first post. I thought it was about time I actually posted something, instead of just reading everyone else's posts and checking out the classifieds!
    I don't actually have a bike yet, but am booked in for my L's next week - can't wait! Haven't actually ridden before apart from one time on a dirtbike on a farm that ended with me running into a trailer! =D>
    I'm a bit older and wiser now (26, as opposed to 13), and am really looking forward to getting my first bike.
    I'm thinking about getting a CBR250RR. I know this is a poser's bike, but I plan on having the bike for at least a couple of years (as I won't be able to afford a decent upgrade for a while), and I want a bike for which parts will be readily available, and that also looks nice.
    My dream bike is a Triumph Daytona 675.
    Anyway, after that little essay, I think I'll head off.
    Have a good one!

2. Welcome Herman, I to started haunting here before I had my licience, there is some good info/peeps here.

Looking forward to seing plenty of posts from you as you progress through your motorcycling life.

3. Welcome, O Master of the Universe :LOL:.
  4. BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!... welcome :)

The CBR seems to be a popular choice as a first bike, so they must be doing something right

5. oops He-Man......my bad.
  6. welcome bud, bit of an old bike to get, youd be better of with a gs500f, they are bullet proof bikes so no parts needed lol
  7. Welcome mate and good luck on your L.
  8. lol Wheres Battle cat? I used to watch He Man every morning b4 school.

Welcome to the forum....
  9. What a Christmas present! Welcome to NR.
  10. Welcome aboard. I too got my L's at 26. Personally, I think it's not a bad idea to get a few years worth of roadcraft under the belt before switching to 2 wheels, unless of course you were lucky enough to grow up messing around in paddocks on dirtbikes.

Nothin' wrong with the fairyblade. My first ride was a Yamaha FZR250R, and a mate had the Kawasaki ZXR250R, both very similar, and all of them are great if you've set your sights on upgrading to a bigger sports bike. I stepped off the FZR straight onto a brand new Hayabusa.

Good luck with the L's course, not that you'll need it- it's designed for people who've never ridden before. Cheers.
  11. Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

Well, I got through the course no problems and was in at the RTA the next day for the knowledge test - that seemed so much harder when I was doing my car L's. Anyway, so now I have my L's! And in the meantime a mate has acquired a beat up old Kwaka Eliminator that he said I can use any time I want once it's fixed up and registered! Might be able to save my $$ for the Triumph once I'm off restrictions!

(y) I love it! When I get my bike, it shall be known as the 'battle cat'!
  12. maybe help out in the fixing up stage so you learn the basics like changing oil + plugs and chain and stuff.. wish i had an old bike to learn on lol
  13. yeah, that was the plan - I've floated the idea with him and it's all good. I don't really know a whole heap about that sort of stuff, so it should be a good learning experience.