Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Netrider says hello to everyone

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Red Dragon, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Hello riders,was wondering if anyone could possibly help me,,bought a Honda 900RR and cant work out which way the fuel tap should be for on or reserve as i cant see any markings on it,,and as i run out of fuel in my own driveway as i was leaving,after only travelling about 5 k's on what i thought was reserve,i dont want to run out while on a ride,, any help would be much appreciated,,thanks

2. Hola Mr. Fiennes!

Up is off and down is on :)
  3. Welcome to the forum, mate!
  4. hi and welcome to the forum red dragon
    sorry cant help with the question though i ride a bike that dosnt even have a reserve tap :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Well I already answered it, so I guess he's safe huh ;)
  6. Welcome mate!
    Enjoy the forums...
  7. Only have to work out which way is up and which way is down :)
  8. Well just my thoughts, if you ran out of petrol in your driveway I would be thinking it was on reserve so I would turn it the other way, just my 2 cents :p, or another suggestion maybe look in the manual if you have one.

Welcome to netrider :)
  9. thats what i was going to say :p

welcome aboard mate.
  10. Up is with the switch vertical, and down is with it horizontal.
  11. Yes, thats what I figured too but doesn't leave me much reserve to play with,, maybe drive up and down my street next time it splutters and see how far i go on reserve :) just dont want to push it to servo if i'm up in the hills for a ride,,thanks for your help
  12. Keep in touch Red Dragon.
  13. Thanks for everyones help,,,, great site by the way,,,,, safe riding,