Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Netrider From Geelong.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SamS2, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Just thought i would introduce myself.
    I am a Geelong Boy, been riding about 3 months now. Currently riding a Yamaha FZR 250. 3LN. Recently did my first ride down the GOR last week and had a ball. Thats about it guys.

2. Hi Sam, welcome to Netrider :)
  3. Hi Sam
    Welcome to NR. Most of us are friendly and those that arent are funny.
  4. Welcome :) I grew up in Geelong pretty much (age 13+) in Indented Head. Great spot for motorbike riding, hardly any cars, lotsa hills/farmland to ride in (off road). FINALLY took my bike back to my parents with the purpose of riding the roads I always wanted to ride a bike on but never did (as I always was on friends bikes so couldn't "go off with them" and when I had my own bike, ongoing shoulder injury/recovery prevented me from really riding them until recent). So, took the bike around PortArlington, Indented Head, St leonards back roads and WOOOOOOO, what what fun!! Almost makes me wanna move back to my parents :grin:
  5. Welcome Sam to the friendly forums :grin:
  6. Welcom Sam.

I am from Geelong also. Good luck on the thread and if you ever want to go for a ride, let me know.

By the way, some of us local people goto the Barwon on Friday nights - usually around 8ish
  7. Wow,
    didnt expect such a warm welcome guys. Cheers.

Hey Sir Skuffy,
    will hit u up for a ride when the weather gets a little better. WHat do you ride?
  8. Welcome to the madhouse.. :LOL:
  9. Welcome SamS2
  10. FAST !!!!! :LOL:

Sorry, I don't know what came over me, Mitch!!

Welcome, to the friendly motorcycle community, Sam :).
  11. Heh, I used to go to the Barwon Hotel (I presume you meant that) 2-4 nights a week, almost every week for 4-5 years. I went there _a lot_ :) End of the 80s and til the middle 90s. Then went back every now and then. Mainly always to watch bands/be on stage etc etc. Brings back memories... Lots of great bands to be seen back then at the Barwon Hotel.

Ok, memory lane post done :LOL:
  12. a big welcome to you and your bike. may you both be safe, well and happy in your travels on the road and through these forums :wink:
  13. Welcome, Sam! The GOR can certainly be a lot of fun. I just hope you've managed to avoid the deep pothole that made me very glad I'm not male :shock:

Enjoy your Yammy.
  14. Welcome to the forum, :biker:
  15. Welcome to the forum, :biker: