Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New motorcycle related country maps & conditions

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Brian26146, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Hey you ugly lot.

Instead of lane splitting and filtering, come on down to the peaceful country areas. :p

Just joking. Look at this site recently launched (saw on the local news tonight). great maps and other stuff. They reckon they will keep it up to date almost daily.

For example, the bus driver that does the Bairnsdale to Omeo run will report road conditions on each run.

Go have a look.

http://www.motorcyclesaust.com/index.htm

Brian

(If this is in the wrong place, please shift)

2. Nice idea, but when do they add the rest of Victoria.

3. :bannanabutt: :dance: :woot:

We have something before the rest of the state? :shock:

That's not a bad site Brian, (I've bookmarked it), and yes, it would be good if it covered all of the state.

4. What rest of Victoria? There is more? When did God create more of the same? He couldn't have. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No, Seriously, This is good. Can still improve but on the right track.

I don't know much of West Vic and would like to see good maps of that area.

Yeah Cruisingal, we win at last. :LOL: Should call this Collingwood country :LOL:

5. Brian

Thanks for posting the link. Its always good to get info relating to touring. I was particularly interested in finding out more about the Omeo Highway. I know it is sealed from Omeo to Anglers Rest and then from Dartmouth (approx) up to the Murray Valley Highway but have they done the bit in the middle yet?? We drove it as a reconaissance in about 2002 and it was rough even in the car - it wasn't done then. Does anyone know if it has been sealed all the way through yet? It would be magic if it was.

6. As I understand it, the whole way is sealed now. There is of course the possibilities of sections under maintenance with gravel but they should be well signed on that road.

I haven't been up there but some of the other riders may know about it.

Possibly a email to East Gipp shire may give you the info you need as well.
    :wink:

7. i saw the same story on win news, but it neglected to show or name the websites URL, i did a search for the sites title on google but no dice.

i'm glad someone tracked it down.

8. Yes, thanks for posting that link.
    It's :cool: .